…those who were scattered went everywhere preaching the word…Philip went to Samaria and preached Christ …And the multitudes with one accord heeded the things spoken by Philip, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did… And there was great joy in that city. Acts 8.4-8 NKJ (Shortened by author)
I’ve been thinking on this passage for a couple of days, and the more I read it, the more I see.
My faith is being challenged and vision is being expanded.
Are you willing to believe God, by actually beginning to act in faith on these three components of Kingdom domination displayed by the first church in the book of Acts?
#1 Are you going everywhere?
- All parts of your community
- Intentionally reaching those of different ethnicities & backgrounds
- Planning on multiplying your church to another location
#2 Are you believing God for miracles?
- Praying for things that are beyond human ability
- Declaring those things publicly
- Truly listening to God in order to hear the things you should be believing Him for
#3 Are you believing God for your city?
- Planning for measurable impact
- Engaging your community outside your walls
- Multiplying leaders (You can’t reach further without them!)
Some of you, as I have been doing, may be in a “listening” mode on #2.
I don’t understand all that would involve or look like, but, I will not fly over something simply because I don’t understand it. I’m yielding all to the leading of God for the Kingdom of Christ! Hope you will do the same.