Get off Your Butt, Kick Butt & Take the City!
As I grow older (AndÂ strongerÂ :) Caleb becomes more of a hero to me. I just love that brothersÂ attitudeÂ about what God promised, and his ability to walk in it…
“Iâm 85 years old. Iâm just as strong today as I was the day Moses sent me out. My strength then was as my strength is now, whether for war or for everyday activities.”
O yeah! Dude is 85 today! On his birthday he’s like I am just as strong as I was forty years ago! I can still…
- Kick Butt
- Defeat my Enemies
- Hunt and Kill my Game
- Make passionate love to my woman (Everyday activity!. Slight add-Lib)
“So now, give me this highland that the LORD promised me that day. True, the Anakim are there with large fortified cities, as you yourself heard that day. But if the LORD is with me, I should be able to remove them, exactly as the LORD promised.” (Joshua 14:10-12 CEB)
Look at the context of what he is saying…
- God promised to give me the most difficult land
- Bring it on!
- It is on the “Highland” the most difficult to overcome, No problem
- That is where the Giants are! I will take them down too!
- They have fortified cities! Who cares, God said I could do it!
- Can I leave tomorrow and take the most difficult land at 85??!!
- Stop complaining about the city, it’s fortified by the enemy, but God said it was yours!
- Stop waiting for the Giants to “Die off” they are only multiplying, kill them while you can!
- Stop being concerned about your lack of ability, and focus on the strength of God’s right hand!
- If the Lord promised it to you, it will be yours if you obey Him, and TAKE IT!
- It’s height
- The giants
- The fortifications
- Or…Your inability!