7-Ways to Be a PLAYER not a PAYER
A friend of mine was tired one afternoon, and decided to watch some football. His son comes in with a football in his hands, tossing it up and catching it, Â and says to his dad…
“You want to WATCH football or you want to PLAY football?”
Watching and playing are not the same! You have to pay to watch the game, and even though you say “we” won, you did nothing but make the team owner happy.
God calls us to be PLAYERS! Those who actively engage in the process of growing the Kingdom. Not those who just pay (even though you need to pay) and watch the game and not contribute to the outcome.
This is how you engage, and contribute to the outcome:
- Ask the Coach- Ask the Pastor how you can help
- Guard your Coach- Don’t allow people to bash your coach
- Serve- Be humble, do the lowliest job if that’s what’s needed
- Pray- Understand the battle is in the Spiritual. Fight there as well
- Volunteer- Find a ministry you enjoy, and give it all you got
- Protect your teammates- Never speak ill of anyone…NoBody!
- Do whatever it takes to win- Be in it, to win it!
Got one to add to the list? What say you?