I will expound on each of these in later posts. I just wanted to shoot the whole list now, sometimes you just can’t hold it in!
10. Send your staff & leaders to conferences. One of the best ways to expose & challenge them to new visions.
9. Hire your weakness. You are not good at everything. Nobody is. So hire the one who does best what you do worst.
8. Work your strength. Understand your calling and giftedness. Put most of your energy here. Biggest returns.
7. Know your influencers. These are the keys to implementing change and casting vision. Miss these? Trouble!
6. Be patient with change. You can’t turn a battleship on a dime. Implement change slowly. Don’t throw good folks overboard.
5. Keep family priority. No matter what happens. Date your wife, date your kids & plan family time. No matter what!
4. Love your staff like there is no tomorrow. They don’t just work for you, they are your guards & watchmen. Love them deeply!
3. Preach out of your overflow. God will teach you what He wants you to teach them!
2. Love the people God has given you. Are you a loving church? It will reflect you! Love on them!
1. Hear from God daily. Decisions, Decisions! Don’t make even one without hearing from God first! He knows!
Awesome Artie. Needed that today!
Awesome list Artie. Even more awesome being able to actually watch you practice each topic.
This is excellent! My favorite is #9. No one can do it all and we need one another to be effective for the Kingdom!! Thanks, Artie!
Thanks TJ, thanks for commenting and stopping by.
10-Random Lessons for Pastors http://is.gd/jOOjb
great words of advice from a vetern pastor. Thanks!
RT @ArtieDavis: 10-Random Lessons for Pastors http://is.gd/jOOjb
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *